Hertz Promo Codes updated for October 2021
- Hertz was founded in 1918 by Walter L. Jacobs. It started in Chicago, Illinois and is currently headquartered in Estero, Florida, USA and is owned by Hertz. The company changed hands several times since its formation. In 1923, John Hertz, from whom the company got its name, bought the brand from its founder. Originally, the brand was named Rent-a-Car Inc.
- Hertz owns Dollar Rent a Car and Thrifty Car Rental. Hertz is currently ranked the second largest Car Rental company in the US based on number of locations, sales, and fleet size.
- Hertz operates Car Rental and Car Leasing in 9,700 locations, comprising of corporate and franchise rental operations in 150 countries. These locations are spread throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia, New Zealand, and Africa.
- By the close of the year 2012, Hertz had over 490,000 vehicles. Hertz has vehicles from famous manufacturers including Mercedes, Cadillac, Mazda, Jeep, Toyota, Infiniti, and BYD.
Hertz has Chauffeurs!
They also provide chauffeur-driven Vehicles to pick you up from your home, hotel, conference meeting or airport and take you to your destination. You simply visit Hertz and go to the Car Rental menu, and then “Reserve a Car”. This will direct you to the page where you’re required to fill information about:
- Pick up location (State, City, & Airport code)
- Indicate if you wish to return your Car to a different location
- Date and time of pickup
- Date and time of return
- Your age at pickup time
Choose the Rental Car you want, whether it’s a van, family collection, automatic, SUV, dream collection, fun collection, Prestige collection, Adrenaline collection, or green collection. The choice is yours depending on your budget, taste, and preference.
- You’re supposed to return the car to the Hertz location you had chosen during reservation. Failure to adhere to this policy will attract a higher rate being applied.
- Late return of a rental car for a period less than one hour will not be charged any extra amount. However, being 61 minutes late you will be charged for the extra time. If you’re late for 3 hours and above, you’ll be charged for an extra day.
Where do I enter a Discount Code?
If you have a Discount Code or Promotion Code, you will enter it here & then click on “Get a Quote”
Can I make a Reservation with Hertz on the App?
You may Book online or use their Mobile App, which is supported on Android, iPhone, & iPad. The app can be downloaded from the Apple Store, or Google Play Store.
Do I pay for Car Rentals online or at pickup?
Payments can be either made online or pay at pickup time. Booking time should be at least 48 hours before pickup time.
Where can I find Promotions?
Promotions are found on the “Offers” page which is located on the top left side of the screen after “Car Rental.”
What is Gold Plus Rewards?
There’s also a Gold Plus Rewards program found on the top right side of the screen. To benefit from Gold Plus Rewards you need to register as a member. You’ll select your Offer and use the Coupon Code. The Coupon Code is shown on the “Featured Offers.”
Can I stack Coupons?
You cannot apply two Discount Codes on a single Reservation. Offers remain valid for a maximum of 14 days.
If you need accommodation along with your car rental, check out Hotwire for discount hotel rooms.